- University of Maryland (B.S., 1991)
- University of Maryland School of Law
(J.D., 1995, with honors,Order of the Coif)
- District of Columbia and Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Partner Ron Dhindsa speaks at The International Osteoporosis Foundation's 22nd Advanced Training Course on Osteoporosis in Geneva, Switzerland.
- AmLaw Litigation Daily: Novartis Wins Twice in Suits over Osteoporosis Drugs with Assist from Hollingsworth LLP
- Hollingsworth LLP secures major defense verdict for client Novartis in federal ArediaŽ/ZometaŽ trial.
- MDL court grants Summary Judgment in four first-wave Zometa cases; Case No. 3:08-1157 (Anderson), Case No. 3:08-1156 (Melau), Case No. 3:06-0377 (Thomas).
- Court refuses to certify dental monitoring class against Firm client, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
- view all
- Falls v. Novartis Pharm. Corp., 3:13-cv-270(JBA), 2014 WL 3810246 (D. Conn. Aug. 1, 2014)
- Patterson v. Novartis Pharm. Corp., No. 1:11-402-ML-LDA (D.R.I. Dec. 19, 2012)
- In re Aredia & Zometa Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 3:06-MD-1760 (M.D. Tenn. Nov. 30, 2007) (granting defendant's motion for summary judgment on claims brought by plaintiff Duncan).
- In re Aredia & Zometa Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 3:06-MD-1760 (M.D. Tenn. Nov. 30, 2007) (granting defendant's motion for summary judgment on claims brought by plaintiff Lee).
- In re Aredia & Zometa Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 3:06-MD-1760, 2007 WL 3012972 (M.D. Tenn. Oct. 10, 2007) (order denying plaintiffs' motion for class certification)
- In re Aredia Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 3:06-MD-1760 (M.D. Tenn. Feb. 27, 2007) (order granting Motion for Remand and adopting Report and Recommendation).
- Partner Ranjit S. Dhindsa addresses 6th International Workshop on Advances in the Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics of Bone Disease
- Partner Ron Dhindsa to speak in December at the 18th Annual Drug & Medical Device Litigation Conference
- Firm partner Ron Dhindsa speaks at a meeting of the American Association of Legal Nurses.
- Partners Ron Dhindsa and Bonnie Semilof to present at ACI's 2nd Annual Summit on Brain Injury Claims and Litigation -- March 14-15, 2013 in Philadelphia
- Geneva, Switzerland: Firm Partner Ron Dhindsa to speak at the 2013 IOF Advanced Training Course on Osteoporosis.
- Firm Partner Ron Dhindsa to present at Joint Meeting of the 19th Annual International Bone Densitometry Workshop (IBDW) and the 26th Annual Meeting of the Metabolic Bone Disease Society of Colorado (MBDSC) (Aug.20-24).
- Firm Partner Ron Dhindsa speaks at Oxford University's June 2012 International Workshop on Advances in the Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics of Bone Disease.
Mr. Dhindsa focuses his practice primarily in the areas of toxic tort and pharmaceutical products liability defense, where he represents clients in both state and federal courts in multi-billion dollar products liability cases, including pharmaceutical class actions and multidistrict litigation. His successes include extinguishing the claims of thousands of class action opt-outs in nationwide pharmaceutical products liability litigation. Mr. Dhindsa also helped defeat a proposed $18 billion dental monitoring class action and has helped secure summary judgment and dismissals in a number of recent products liability actions.
Mr. Dhindsa has directed the scientific defense strategy relating to complex medical and scientific issues in nationwide litigation. He has worked with some of the world’s leading experts in Food and Drug Administration regulations, bone biology, osteoporosis, oncology, pharmacology, epidemiology, toxicology, cardiology, pulmonology, chemistry, preclinical and clinical trials, oral medicine, pathology, surgery, and economics. He manages all aspects of expert witness development and strategy relating to Daubert hearings and trials. Mr. Dhindsa frequently attends scientific meetings and stays abreast of emerging science issues to optimize the interests of the Firm’s clients in both pending and prospective litigation.
Mr. Dhindsa has appeared at multiple hearings, taken and defended expert and fact witness depositions, drafted Daubert and other litigation-shaping motions, and worked in every facet of trial preparation. Additionally, Mr. Dhindsa lectures throughout the world on the impact of tort litigation on industry and society, with a particular focus on the intersection of law and science. Among other venues, he has appeared at the Fifth International Workshop for Advances in the Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics of Bone Disease at Oxford University; the 19th Annual International Clinical Densitometry Workshop; the 26th annual meeting of the Metabolic Bone Disease Society of Colorado; the International Osteoporosis Foundation meeting in Geneva, Switzerland; and the American Conference Institute’s Summit on Brain Injury Claims & Litigation.
Mr. Dhindsa serves on the Board of Directors and as Membership Chairman for Leadership Maryland, an organization committed to cultivating the interest, statewide knowledge, and leadership capacities of Maryland’s business, government, non-profit, and civic leaders. He previously served as the President of Maryland Leadership Workshops, Inc. (MLW), a state-aided educational institution in partnership with Leadership Maryland. Mr. Dhindsa has been involved in transforming youth and adults into catalysts for positive change throughout Maryland since 1985.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Dhindsa served as a law clerk to the Honorable Lawrence F. Rodowsky of the Court of Appeals of Maryland.