- College of William and Mary (B.A., 2011, magna cum laude)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2017, cum laude)
- District of Columbia and Maryland
Jessica Lauren Lu practices in the Firm’s Complex Litigation, Environmental, Pharmaceutical Products, and Toxic Torts & Products Liability groups. She also has experience defending against antitrust claims, including alleged group boycotts and violations of state unfair competition laws. Her work includes drafting and responding to discovery requests, preparing expert and corporate witnesses, strategizing and drafting briefing for a nationwide MDL, taking depositions, and drafting dispositive and evidentiary motions.
Ms. Lu also serves the community through pro bono work. She was awarded High Honors from the DC Bar Pro Bono Honor Roll in 2017 and 2018 and successfully obtained asylum for a client in immigration proceedings.
Ms. Lu is a 2017 cum laude graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center and received her undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from the College of William and Mary. At Georgetown Law, she received the award of “best editor” of the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics and a CALI award as the highest-performing student in the class “Jury Trials in America,” taught by the Honorable Gregory E. Mize.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Lu served as a judicial intern to the Honorable E. Susan Garsh of the Superior Court, Fall River, Massachusetts, and was a teacher in Saudi Arabia and Korea. She was a member of the Firm’s 2016 Summer Associate class.
- How young women lawyers can build their skills to make them essential to the success of their colleagues and clients.
- Oklahoma Opioid Ruling: Another Instance of Improper Judicial Governance through Public Nuisance Litigation